- Provides student centered learning through best practices related to hybrid teaching and learning activities.
- Collaborates with Director of Curriculum to optimize the learning environment using creative, challenging, and evidence-based teaching and learning strategies.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to address program and college goals.
- Serves as a faculty advisor in the Student Development and Flourishing Program .
- Serves as a Faculty Mentor for Capstone Projects.
- Advises students on issues related to academic progression and retention, professionalism, scholarship and awards and personal issues.
- Participates in Program and College committees as assigned.
- Participates in student orientation and graduation functions.
- Contributes to the accreditation process, the ACOTE Self Study Report, and Program Assessment Plans.
- Represent the OTD Program within the College, the community, and the profession of occupational therapy.
Core Faculty members will hold a 12-month, teaching appointment with related administrative responsibilities and the faculty rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Clinical Professor in the Department.Qualifications:
- Earned doctorate in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities. Understanding of higher education and contemporary clinical practice appropriate for leadership in occupational therapy scholarship. Minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in an entry-level occupational therapy program and 3 years clinical practice experience. Occupational Therapist license in the state of residence and eligible for licensure in Indiana. Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice issues affecting didactic and experiential learning experiences, and the profession of occupational therapy. Established record of scholarly activity. Active in service at local, state, or national levels. Experience consistent with Hanover College system for faculty rank.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), teaching philosophy, and Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Statement, and names and contact information of three individuals as professional recommendation to: hanover.edu/about/employment . As part of the application process and submitted materials, candidates will submit a 5-minute online teaching module to https://websites.hanover.edu/otd/upload.php . The 5-minute online teaching module should reflect your area of teaching expertise. (Course Descriptions are available on request and on the Hanover OTD Website.) Review of applications will begin February 15, 2023 and will continue until the positions are filled. Successful candidates will begin employment after July 2023.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Occupational Therapy - Faculty Position, Location: Alexandria, VA - 22312 , PL: 560436272