Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at Medical City Weatherford have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery - PRN you can be a part of change.Shift: PRN (Day shift)
Medical City Weatherford, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery - PRN. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. Our 24-bed, L&D is a Maternal Level III Trauma center is staffed with experts in serving the complex needs of moms and newborns, delivering world-class, and innovative care. Our Labor and Delivery unit, provides spacious rooms that are equipped with comfort and various thoughtful amenities, for expectant mothers. We are an amazing team, that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. What You Will Do In This Role
What qualifications you will need:
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient, following standards of care and disease specific protocols.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance with established policies.
- You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You will be familiar with vaginal and C-section births, fetal monitoring and provide care for patients who receive various types of anesthesia.
- You will demonstrate expertise in providing care for patient during PACU period as well as newborn care first two hours of life.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Neonate Resuscitate must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree is required. BSN is required within 36 months of hire.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Weatherford is a 100+ bed acute-care hospital. We serve Parker County and surrounding communities. Our medical staff represents 30+ medical specialties. Our health care services include inpatient and outpatient care, medical-surgical and emergency care. We are a designated Comprehensive (Level II) Stroke Facility and Level IV Trauma Center. Our hospital is a Level I Neonatal Facility, and a Chest Pain-Accredited facility. Our facility has received many awards and recognition. We received the Press Ganey Summit Award and The Joint Commission's Top Performer in Key Quality Measures. We are honored to have The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval. We are a part of the Medical City network of hospitals. Patients are ensured access to medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
\nHCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery - PRN opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.