Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, professional growth activities in the respective field and two (2) in-service training sessions annually. Participates in college activities such as in-services, faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings. Strives for student success by providing quality instruction that results in students' achievement of course and program objectives, retention of students, and prepares students for entry-level positions in the healthcare field. - EDUCATION:
- Minimum of an associate degree with the appropriate coursework in the subject area required.
- Must be a graduate from a program accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in the specialty field or the subject area in which they teach.
- Bachelor degree in the healthcare field preferred. LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) registration to practice in California.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license to practice in California.
- Current CPR Card. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of occupational (i.e. practical) experience in the subject field in which they teach
- Preferred: -One (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training program. #LI-KJ1 #HEJABOUT US
American Career College's commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College's mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional DevelopmentAmerican Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.Campus: ACC Ontario