To provide global leadership and management for DSRD Resource Management. Partners with appropriate senior leaders and the Exec Team members globally and at sites, to help manage, forecast and cost DSRD resources. Serves as the key resource contact for Research & Development resource management teams, eg. Research Portfolio Operations Team [RPOT] and Asset Planning to ensure DSRD support/alignment of the WRD portfolio. Implements processes to effectively and transparently allocate work and resources within and across sites in support of projects through close collaboration with DSRD line heads on a global basis. Heavy interaction with DSRD Finance representative including but not limited cost analysis, direct charges, forecast to target (dollars and FTEs). Recognized as an expert in the Resource Management discipline; planning, forecasting, FTE utilization and budgeted/cost of resources in DSRD (FTEs and directs).
- Accountable for optimal alignment of global DSRD resources to support the Portfolio.
- Ensures successful implementation of key RM systems (PLW, AT) and may be required to administer one or more of them.
- Collaborates with business line functions in DSRD to develop and report on key metrics for resource and capacity utilization, cycle times, to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Develops the vision and implements organizational strategies, analyses, modeling and metrics aimed at improving and sustaining DSRD performance and maximization of resource utilization.
- Accountable for effective planning and forecasting (activities, FTEs, dollars) that are in alignment with WRD TA Portfolio prioritization decisions and requirements.
- Manages global DSRD Resource Management team members to ensure deliverables are met.
- Drives resource allocation efficiency, challenging processes to improve performance and quality
- Visibly and effectively serves as a leading change agent for resource management initiatives in DSRD and WRD.
- Effectively interfaces with the Global outsourcing group to ensure selection and scheduling of appropriate studies for outsourcing in line with strategic direction, processes and budget serve the current and future needs of the WRD portfolio.
- Accountable for leading the development and implementation of processes and tools for streamlined scheduling and resource management in conjunction with the TALs and ensuring training by partnering with the DSRD P2L Lead and Line Management as appropriate
- Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
- As part of the Strategic Business Operations Team is responsible for setting operational strategies for DSRD
- Ensures professional and career development opportunities for members of the DSRD Resource Management group to include development of expert skills in technical aspects as required for optimal participation in initiatives.
- Experience working in a pre-clinical drug safety organization in a resource management role.
- MBA or equivalent training/relevant business experiences in resource management, resource administration and FTE costing.
- 10+ years relevant business experience in toxicology study planning or resource administration.
- Experience as a line leader / administrator on key resource management systems (PLW , AT)
- Operational planning experience. Budget management experience
- Matrix management team (esp. strategic leadership) experience
- Resource management/Operations function experience, includes planning/forecasting enterprise systems
- Experience working in a global and multicultural organizations working across national and international boundaries
- Reports to Strategic Business Operations lead
- Member of DSRD Global and Site-based Leadership Teams as appropriate
- Leads Global Resource Management Team
- May be member of WRD Planning / Forecasting systems, strategy & process/standards teams
- Member of /representative to appropriate DSRD and WRD-wide task forces and management bodies which oversee resource/project management activities and support systems
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details:
Relocation support availableLast day to apply: January 30, 2023
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $156,900.00 to $251,400.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 20.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development