1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women worldwide develop cancer during their lifetime, and far too many will lose their battle every year. At Navigate we envision a disease-free world - our talented and passionate team is at the forefront of enabling drug development by using transformative science to deliver high quality, world class clinical biomarker solutions so we can one day realize that vision. Join us on our journey to turning innovative treatment ideas into reality to improve and extend patient lives across the globe. Navigate BioPharma, a fully owned subsidiary of Novartis, provides assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics services to companies in the precision medicine field. At present, Navigate supports 100+ clinical trials from 30+ pharma, biotech, and diagnostic companies, including 8 of the top 15 oncology companies globally.
As Senior Scientist in the Flow Cytometry group, you will primarily contribute to the testing and interpretation of clinical specimens from patients enrolled in clinical trials applying the highest standards and following all GMP/GCP/GLP/CLIA recommendations and regulations. You will also be involved in activities related to development of high complexity flow cytometry biomarker assays using state-of-the-art instrumentation. In your role, you will be expected to contribute scientific thought leadership, coach and mentor team members, and develop strong collaborative relationships across the organization.
Note: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new procedures and complex flow cytometry assays while ensuring all timelines and assay performance criteria are met.
2. Manage & execute laboratory research and testing of patient specimens ensuring quality standards are met in laboratory testing
3. Responsible for writing and reviewing technical documents and providing presentations. Keep abreast of scientific and methodological advances
4. In a matrix environment, train and assist new staff on scientific concepts, technical details, and operational procedures.
5. Analyze complex data for trends and make recommendations to senior scientific leaders
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $102,400 and $153,600.00 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
1. PhD with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in flow cytometry or immunology, or MS with 8+years, or BS with 12+ years
2. High level of understanding of biological sciences and familiarity with flow cytometry both at the bench and in data analysis. Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
3. Highest scientific and technical standards for the successful completion of projects
4. Critical thinking is a must, high degree of ownership and accountability, ability to quickly adapt to changing projects and priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment
5. Team player, enthusiastic, open-minded, self-motivated, “can-do” attitude, sense of mentorship
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of cell characterization assays directly applicable to the research services provided by Navigate (tissue culture, cellular biological techniques such as flow cytometry, cell isolation procedures, IHC, etc.) is strongly preferred
• Deep hands-on knowledge in phenotyping of normal and abnormal immune cell subsets, including stem cells, is strongly preferred
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .