Adjunct Instructor - Gen Ed - Anatomy & Physiology
- Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
- Tampa, FL
- Closing date
- Mar 21, 2023
- Science, Life Sciences, Anatomy/Physiology
- Organization Type
An Adjunct Instructor is responsible for teaching contracted General Education course(s) in accordance with Concorde curriculum requirements and meeting Concorde Standards for student attendance and student passing rate. An Adjunct Instructor is contracted to teach one or more generally 10-week Gen Ed courses.
- Prepare for teaching.
- Prepare for class starts by organizing student material and texts to be distributed.
- Follow approved lesson/unit plans provided by College.
- Organize and present subject matter in a meaningful way to students.
- Prepare all lecture materials following provided lesson/unit plans in advance of class presentation.
- Keep informed of current standards related to instructional area.
- Teach assigned course(s).
- Follow approved curriculum/course outline.
- Present material in an engaging and positive fashion.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Maintain classrooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Remain in classrooms for all assigned instructional times.
- Adhere to scheduled student breaks.
- Maintain a cheerful, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Support student success. • Evaluate student progress.
- Advise students at mid-term and term end with documentation.
- Evaluate students on professionalism (appearance/dress code, attitude, cooperation)
- Tutor students as needed.
- Supplement student material when needed with approval from Academic Dean.
- Suggest recommendations for guest lectures, field trips as needed.
- Refer students to the Academic Dean/Program Director if additional advising is necessary.
- Refer students having excess of two (2) absences to the Academic Dean/Program Director.
- Refer students having excess of three (3) absences to Student Services.
- Keep accurate and timely records.
- Maintain student records, grades, and attendance.
- Post records through student management system (i.e., CampusVue Portal/Blackboard).
- Participate in Campus duties/activities as requested.
- Attend orientations, staff meetings, and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Assist with preparations for graduation ceremonies.
- Attend graduation ceremonies.
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies, if needed.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Report any down equipment to the Academic Dean.
- Assist financial aid and administrative departments by providing information as needed.
- Assist in distributing student recognition awards.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert