At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Manage and steer the development, modification and launch of epoxy products and solutions used in automotive applications.
- Manage a 5-7 member team composed of chemists and technicians, along with managing the adhesives, sealing and coating laboratories according to current safety, environmental and quality standards by acquisition of new tools/technologies.
- Leverage existing data on market, Intellectual property and customer analytics to identify relevant trends and develop technology roadmap in your area of expertise.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the project portfolio of adhesives, sealant and coating technology including cost control and timing.
- Implement formulation optimizations with regard to cost of goods, raw material substitutions, adaptation of a formulation to customer processes.
- Leverage an internal network to share best-practices in process and product development and drive standardization across the business.
- Connect with external stakeholders (suppliers, customers, research institutes) to develop innovation ecosystem that results in new project/product development or result in improving existing process.
- Communicate and cooperate with the marketing organization as well as presentation of technological results both externally and internally.
- Hire, train and mentor chemists and scientists and foster a culture of innovation within organization.
- Master's level degree, PhD is preferred, in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer science, material science or in a related field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in formulating, testing, or application engineering focused on adhesives, sealants or coatings is required.
- Specific experience with epoxy or polyurethane based adhesive is desired, but not required.
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role with a proven track record of leadership, people management and technical achievement is required.
- Good understanding of structure property relationship and use of design of experiments and other statistical tools to analyze data and patterns.
- Previous experience of implementing and use of continuous process and quality improvement tools such as six sigma, cost reduction.
- Previous experience of working with or in automotive industry is desired, but not required.
The salary for this role is $105,000 - $150,000. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than this posted range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.JOB ID:
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Contact information for application-related questions: