At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Create/Update key process documentation including - Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Work Instructions (WI's), Job Safety Analysis (JSA's), Risk Assessments (RA's).
- Run capital engineering projects, including budgeting, submission, and installation.
- Lead problem solving activities to troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints, internal product/process failures scrapped material, and blocked stock and implement effective corrective actions through root cause analysis.
- Create and execute validation plans on new equipment and processes.
- Investigate Non-Conforming Materials (NCM's) and provide recommendations on a case-by-case basis.
- Identify and execute cost savings initiatives to reduce facility operating costs.
- Run Management of Change (MOC) processes, including gathering necessary paperwork and signoffs.
- Responsible for the managing engineering/infrastructure related metrics/programs: capacity utilization, equipment downtime, CAPEX.
- Provides quick resolution to manufacturing shop floor problems and non-routine activities.
- Spend time on shop floor, GEMBA the process, and work with manufacturing team.
- BS degree in chemical, materials, or mechanical engineering required.
- Travel is required between two facilities for this position (Dixon, CA & Berkeley, CA)
- 1+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Mathematical & Problem-solving skills such as statistical analysis, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), 5-Why, A3, 8D, etc.
- Knowledge of adhesives or polymer chemistry preferred.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract variables.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and knowledge/previous experience with SAP.
- Willingness to participate in both internal and external audits.
• 1st Day Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (4% matching)
• Competitive Pay
• Eligible Yearly Incentive Bonus
• 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Employee Referral Incentive Program
• Employee Discount Program
• Parental Time Off
The salary for this role is $80,000.00 - $100,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.JOB ID:
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Contact information for application-related questions: