Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is innovative and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in manufacturing, testing, or compliance, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
The position of Manager/Team Leader - Bioprocess Downstream Engineer will provide scientific leadership as well as work in an interdisciplinary team to improve Pfizer's commercial bioprocesses through the design and delivery of downstream purification and reaction engineering technology. These projects are based on microbial fermentation, biotransformation, and/or biocatalysis processes or naturally occurring biomolecules.How You Will Achieve It
- Develop and improve active ingredient isolation and purification processes to produce bioprocess-based pharmaceuticals.
- Provide engineering leadership in support of enzyme activity and functionality improvement projects.
- Develop optimized enzyme reaction systems potentially including whole cells, lysates or enzyme immobilization.
- Be knowledgeable of production technology and processes to be able to lead and assist in the scale up of developed processes and to provide technical support for commercial biopharmaceutical manufacture.
- Remain current with and champion the implementation of new technologies to ensure we deliver or exceed project targets.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, team-based laboratory environment.
- Oversee the development of team projects by providing leadership, recommending actions, setting objectives, and developing experimental programs to reach milestones.
- Supervise one or more lab staff to maximize lab productivity.
- Maintain laboratory in clean, safe, functional order.
Nice to Have
- A pplicant must have Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of experience; OR a Master's degree with 7+ years of experience; OR a Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience in related fields preferably in industry-based bioprocess research.
- Results oriented with a proven track record of accomplishments.
- Proven innovative and creative problem-solving skills with strong initiative. Takes personal responsibility for own work, pushing self and others to exceed goals and deliver results.
- Must have demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to establish productive colleague relationships which foster collaboration and cooperation.In Pfizer, good peer relationships are the only way to get projects done and to succeed.
- Ability to design robust experiments and to accurately analyze, interpret, follow-up and communicate experimental data, conclusions, limitations, and recommendations.
- Change agile - can effectively cope and excel with change.
- Experience in High Throughput Screening for culture / enzyme selection (i.e. FADS, Microfluidics)
- Synthetic organic background as it relates to commercial active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This is a lab-based position: Frequent standing and walking, frequent detailed manual manipulations, and computer-based work.
First shift position - some overtime and/or weekend work may be required.
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On PremiseOther Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development