Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist, Molecular Interactions Group Reports to:
Distinguished Research Fellow Location:
Camarillo, California Classification:
We are developing large molecule immuno-oncology therapeutics with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and to build further on our foundation with our clinical stage antibodies targeting PD-1 and TIGIT. The Research and Development organization is comprised of expertise in antibody discovery, molecular interactions, preclinical pharmacology and toxicology, cellular immunology, functional assays, protein sciences, analytical development, PK and immunogenicity, we are responsible for the lead candidate generation, characterization and IND- and BLA-enabling preclinical studies necessary to support drug development through to clinical development and approval.
The qualified individual will join the Molecular Interactions Group in the Translational and Development Sciences Department at Coherus BioSciences in Camarillo, CA, and aid in the advancement of Coherus' immuno-oncology (I-O) pipeline.Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Prior biologics R&D experience and both rigorous physicochemical and bioassay skills as they relate to biophysical characterization of protein/protein interactions and the biological characterization of antibody therapeutics.
- Hold deep knowledge in both theoretical and practical aspects of ligand-macromolecule kinetic and binding concepts based on strong fundamental chemical principles.
- Possess a solid understanding of bioassays as they relate to the biological characterization of antibody therapeutics.
- Hands-on experience and a solid understanding of both surface plasmon resonance biosensors and bioassays is preferred; expertise in one of these two areas is required to be a competitive candidate.
- Train and interact with scientists at various levels in diverse scientific teams is also required.
- Hold an unparalleled work ethic with tremendous motivation to drive assigned projects to a sound scientific conclusion is vital.
- A critical thinker, researcher, and self-starter in assay design and development.
- Responsibilities to conduct method development and analyze samples to support an I-O pipeline using biophysical and bioassay methods like surface plasmon resonance (SPR), fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS), ELISA, or Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) assays.
- Experience in the application of these assays for large molecule therapeutics discovery and lead selection processes.
- Be meticulous in execution and will perform experiments on the bench at an advanced level.
- Design independently biophysical and bioassay experiments that are cutting-edge.
- Summarize and present their data to internal cross-functional teams and possibly at external meetings.
- PhD in Physical Biochemistry, Biophysics, Analytical Biochemistry, Analytical/Physical Chemistry, Immunology or Biological Sciences with a molecular emphasis with a minimum of 8-12 years academic research and/or industry experience
- The ability to perform and analyze kinetic and thermodynamic studies of protein/protein interactions using state of the art biosensors is preferred.
- Capable of executing FACS, MSD, ELISA, or similar bioassays for characterization of a biologics pipeline.
- Proficient in statistical tools to critically analyze data.
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyze, and document data generated in support of a research pipeline.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains effective communication with line management.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, trusts and respects team.
- Candidate must be initiative-taking and able to work in a demanding environment.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $135,000 - $190,000. Coherus considers various factors, including professional background and work experience, when determining base pay. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Coherus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also prohibit discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics.
Beginning July 19, 2021, Coherus BioSciences requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Coherus BioSciences, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Coherus BioSciences facility or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.