The Department of Cultural and Social Studies within the College of Arts and Sciences at Creighton University is hiring for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor
with an expertise in quantitative methods and the ability to prepare undergraduate students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds in research projects appropriate to their fields of study. This position will begin in January 2024 or August 2024.
Candidates will be expected to engage in interdisciplinary work, maintain a robust research agenda, and teach courses in sociology serving students from a variety of disciplines, with an emphasis on social inequality and quantitative methods, while having an opportunity to contribute to the Social Sciences Data Lab. Qualifications
How to Apply
- Successful candidates must have Ph.D. in a field that contributes to the programs housed within the department (e.g., Sociology, Public Health, Anthropology, Criminal Justice)
- Skills in spatial analysis methods such as GIS
- A record of creating supervised opportunities for high-impact undergraduate learning and community-engaged research
- Expertise and desire to make social science insights accessible to the public and non-specialists, in line with the university mission.
- Candidates should submit the following via the Creighton online application
- Cover letter that includes the candidates vision of how they will contribute to the universitys mission
- Curriculum vitae
Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to submit:
Original academic transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended (photocopies acceptable during initial application process)
a statement of teaching philosophy
Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which speak to the candidates teaching ability, should be sent directly to the Department Chair, Dr. Mary Ann Danielson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing materials June 1st, 2023.
Omaha is a diverse community of 850,000 with four Fortune-500 companies, an active sports scene, and a vibrant arts community.
Recent Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College rankings recognized Creighton University among the top 20% of institutions in its survey and among the Top 10 big-city colleges in the Midwest. Creighton University also ranks in the top third of National Universities in U.S. News & World Report's and was previously recognized for 16 years in a row as No. 1 among Best Regional Universities - Midwest. Over the past 17 years, Creighton is the No. 1 Goldwater producing Catholic university in the country and in the top 20 of private universities producing Goldwater Scholars over the past decade. To learn more about Omaha, see www.visitomaha.com