Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
As a Postdoctoral Fellow , you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of a Research and Development team and will be responsible for the development of technology for the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). You will be responsible for the synthesis of multiple custom intermediates needed to support the group's projects. This opportunity will provide industrial experience and exposure to process optimization.
You will need to provide innovative ideas and partner with mentors to deliver gram quantities of materials in a safe and effective lab environment. Your strong foundation in general scientific practice, its principles and concepts will help in meeting critical deadlines. You will be relied on as a technical contributor to assess the assigned tasks and make decisions that involve direct application of your knowledge. It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Develop the synthesis and prepare multiple key compounds to support project milestone deliverables utilizing novel chemistry.
- Support Brainstorming sessions and provide input for retro synthesis options by incorporating biocatalysis / biotransformations in 2nd Generation processes.
- Partner with other synthetic chemists and global EHS to support the calculation of product sustainability (NetZero 2040) metrics.
- Regularly contribute and influence at the project team level.
- Perform scientific laboratory studies and make recommendations to improve manufacturing reliability, cost, safety, compliance, and environmental performance.
- Remain current with chemistry literature and applications of continuous development and manufacture.
- Communicate appropriately on activities and progress to management, mentors, and key stakeholders.
- Take personal responsibility for your own work, pushing self and others to exceed goals and deliver results.
- PhD with 0-2 years of relevant experience
- At least one first-author publication
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation of analytical data to drive synthetic experimental plans and ability to utilize electronic tools to document information
- Technical knowledge and skills in purification of biologics achieved through industrial or academic experience in research and development, technical operations, manufacturing, etc.
- Knowledge of modern synthetic methodology , including aspects of asymmetric synthesis, green chemistry, catalysis, and physical organic chemistry as it relates to reaction mechanism
- Strong initiative and good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Other Job Details
- Synthetic organic chemistry laboratory experience in a research laboratory setting and expertise in process research and process development
- Experience with the tools to develop, optimize , characterize, and scale up process steps
- Must Have Work Authorization in US
- Eligible for Relocation Assistance
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development