The Research Associate in this position will focus on mapping protein interactions and perturbations in signaling networks upon virus infection. This role is an excellent opportunity to learn a number of valuable, cutting-edge techniques in cell biology and proteomics while working with a dynamic and interdisciplinary research team. Responsibilities will include generating cell lines expressing affinity tagged viral proteins, affinity purification and sample preparation for mass spectrometry analysis. You will learn and apply different cellular, molecular and virological-based assays to validate these findings under BSL2 conditions. The ideal candidate is a problem solver with a positive attitude, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to learn and implement methodologies efficiently.Required Qualifications:
- Master's degree, or Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of work experience in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field
- Experience in mammalian cell culture
- Experience with molecular biology techniques cloning, PCR, and western blotting.
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines; recognize and resolve problems while maintaining a high level of organization.
- Experience generating stable cell lines and characterizing them.
- Experience with transfection or viral transduction.
- Experience with affinity purification of proteins.
- Experience in preparation of samples for mass spectrometric analysis.
- Experience with managing large datasets and/or databases.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.