At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Conceive innovative routes in new product development.
- Employ sound experimental. designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
- Design, develop, execute and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive formulations and products.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for internal teams, management, customers and technical conferences.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Understand state-of-art technology advancement and apply it to product development.
- Generate new intellectual property.
- Actively search for new ideas and technology from within or outside.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Recognize sources of problems; absorb new information easily; expose gaps in logic and contradictions; develop effective solutions to technical roadblocks.
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Inorganic aqueous chemistry preferred
- 3- 5 years of experience in adjacent industries to metal packaging preferred
- Prior experience in inorganic synthesis and coatings synthesis preferred.
- Solid education and broad knowledge in multiple science discipline including inorganic chemistry,
- Strong leadership, communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, strong ability to design and implement experiments, and ability to support product scale up and commercialization.
- Motivated self-starter with strong initiative and with the ability to work independently and to participate creatively in team collaboration
- Individual with proven track record of success such as new technologies and products developed with commercial success, invention disclosures and patents, and published scientific papers publication in peer reviewed journals
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
The salary for this role is $71,000- $110,000. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.JOB ID:
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Contact information for application-related questions: