Pulmonary, Critical Care/Academic Rank/Depends on Qualifications GENERAL REQUISITION INFORMATION
EEO Statement: UNMC is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, including an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Location Omaha, NE Requisition Number: 2023-220 Department Int Med Pulmonary 50000592 Business Unit(College/Institute) College of Medicine FTE: 100 Reg-Temp Full-Time Regular Work Schedule TBD by supervisor and responsibilities Requisition Category Faculty Requisition Title Pulmonary, Critical Care/Academic Rank/Depends on Qualifications Job Title/Academic Rank Pulmonary, Critical Care/Academic Rank/Depends on Qualifications Additional Requisition Title Appointment Type DOQ - DEPENDS ON QUALS Salary Range Salary Commensurate with Experience Job/EEO Category Faculty Job Requisition Begin Date 07/10/2023 Position Qualification
Position Summary Pulmonary, Critical Care Specialist
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep in Omaha, NE is recruiting a dynamic physician for a pulmonary, critical care medicine specialist faculty position. This is truly an outstanding opportunity to join a Division that is primed for clinical program growth. In this faculty role, you will join an established team offering patients renowned specialists, exceptional care and support.Opportunity Highlights
· Strong leadership support and investment in your career· Ability to influence patient care, student and fellow education, research, and innovation in the state· Fully accredited pulmonary/critical care medicine and sleep medicine fellowships· Collaborative, collegial environment with opportunities for personal and professional development· Highly balanced schedule for work life balance· Omaha is rated by Forbes magazine as one of the top five best cities to raise a family· High quality of life and cost of living below the national averageThe successful candidate should be an MD/DO (or equivalent degree), board certified/eligible in pulmonary and critical care medicine. We invite experienced pulmonary critical care physicians to consider this opportunity. Candidates should have an interest in teaching along with passion to help patients and their families deal with serious life-threatening illness. Our compensation package is extremely competitive. In addition, comprehensive benefits and relocation are offered.Interested in learning more? Contact:Ruxana Sadikot, MD, ChiefPulmonary, Critical Care & SleepEmail: email@example.com
Candidates may apply with CV and letter of interest - https://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/80516
Required Qualifications MD, MBBS, DO or equivalent. Board certified. Supplemental Qualifications Working Environment & Physical Requirements WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The information provided below best describes the Environment in which the primary function of the position is performed. Check the appropriate box(es) that best describes the Environment in which the primary function of the position is performed. Office environment, Lab environment, Clinical environment Other working environment Full extent of working environments to be determined by patient care, research and academic activities. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
Bending, stooping, twisting Occasionally Crawling Not Applicable Driving Over 5 hours Kneeling Not Applicable Reaching Occasionally Sitting Up to 2 hours Standing Up to 2 hours Squatting Occasionally Walking Up to 2 hours EXPOSURES
Atmospheric Yes Blood/body fluids Yes Chemical hazards No Working on or around moving machinery No Electrical current No Noise Yes Changes of temperature/humidity Yes Wear PPE Yes Work with laboratory animals No Radiation Operating hand/power tools No If you answered yes to any area above, please explain Full extent of exposures to be determined by patient care, research and academic activities. Hand/Wrists
Fine Manipulation yes - both Repetitive Motion yes - both Grasping yes - both If you selected any area above, please explain Full extent of hand/wrist involvement and repetitive motion to be determined by patient care, research and academic activities. Keyboarding is required for electronic medical recordkeeping. Addtional
Describe any other aspects and demands of the job not listed in this description. EEO Statement EEO Statement
EEO Statement The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work and learning environment free from discrimination and harassment. UNMC is dedicated to creating an environment where everyone feels valued, respected and included. UNMC does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNMC complies with all local, state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination, including Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex. Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Requisition Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess an MD, DO, MBBS or equivalent degree?
- * Are you board certified or board eligible?
- * How did you hear about this position?
- Employee Referral
- Job Fair
- Lincoln Journal Star
- Omaha World Herald
- UNMC Job Site
- * If Other, please specify the source. Otherwise, indicate NA.
(Open Ended Question)