The laboratory of Christina Theodoris, MD, PhD, is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with background in deep learning or network inference to join her research program in the Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Gladstone Institute of Data Science and Biotechnology. Our lab is focused on leveraging cutting-edge machine learning and experimental genomics to map the gene networks driving cardiovascular disease and develop network-correcting therapies.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop novel algorithmic architecture to leverage large-scale experimental genomics datasets to build artificial intelligence with a fundamental understanding of biological systems. The postdoctoral fellow will have access to large-scale experimental data and state-of-the-art computational infrastructure to accomplish their research goals and will work in highly collaborative environment with computational and experimental biologists, synergizing the strengths of both domains to advance discoveries in network inference algorithms and the mechanisms of gene regulation. The postdoctoral fellow will develop their own research questions and have opportunities for methods development and advancement of computational skills. The postdoctoral fellow will also have opportunities for career development including writing grant applications and manuscripts and presenting their work at conferences. Overall, the fellow will join a highly collaborative team united in the common goal of impacting the lives of patients with cardiovascular disease.
- PhD in a computational field with experience in deep learning and/or network inference methods
- Advanced competency in Python and Bash, or equivalent
- Experience with PyTorch or equivalent and interfacing with GPU hardware would be beneficial
Required Application Materials:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter with a brief statement of research background and future goals / interest in the lab
- Contact information for three references
Salary range (DOE):
$64,480 - $76,980
Gladstone is committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in science, from trainees to faculty, and is an equal opportunity employer.
Application can be sent to:
$64,480 - $76,980 (DOE)Additional Information:
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.