IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality - which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response. IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in precision medicine / synthetic lethality. IDEAYA wholly-owner controls its three most-advanced clinical programs. It has established strategic collaborations with GSK, Amgen and Pfizer supporting certain clinical and preclinical pipeline programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.Position Summary:
IDEAYA Biosciences In Vivo Pharmacology Group located in South San Francisco is seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate. This individual will play a key role in the development and execution of preclinical models to understand the efficacy and PK/PD relationships of our small molecule agents under development for the treatment of cancer. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment and will have the passion to contribute to the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents for cancer patients.What you'll do:
- Performing efficacy and PK-PD studies with small molecule therapeutics in murine models of cancer including cell line derived xenograft (CDX) or patient-derived tumor xenograft (PDX) models.
- In vitro culture of established cancer cell lines, and cell inoculation.
- Contribute to the internal development of cancer xenograft models.
- Administration of test materials by various routes of administration including oral gavage, subcutaneous and intraperitoneal routes.
- Recording observations and tumor volume measurements.
- Maintenance of detailed electronic records and compliance with established animal use protocols.
- Collect and archive biological and tumor samples, per study protocol, and process tumor samples for ex-vivo assays. May conduct ex-vivo assays such as RT-PCR and ELISA.
- Author preclinical study reports.
- Assist in the management of vivarium operations and ensuring current IACUC protocols are maintained.
- Ensure compliance with animal welfare regulations.
- BS/MS in Pharmacology, Physiology, Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Animal Biology, or related field.
- Hands-on experience conducting in vivo studies in rodents is preferred but not essential as training will be provided.
- Proficiency with standard laboratory aseptic techniques.
- Superb attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
The salary range for this position at the Research Associate level is between $88,000 and $103,507. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
The salary range for this position at the Senior Research Associate level is between $98,230 and $113,850. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company's facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice