Over 200 discovery programs in 7 disease areas for a global team of scientists to focus on new molecular entities, with many opportunities for innovative modeling of complex modality therapeutics. This is part of what makes Novartis the premier place to develop your career as a pharmaceutical professional. If you are curious, scientifically minded, and want to positively impact society by speeding delivery of novel therapies to patients with data, data science, and Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (QSP), then look no further, NIBR is the place to be. As a member of the Translational Medicine PK Sciences Modeling & Simulation group, you will have the opportunity to make a difference. If you have a collaborative nature, a commitment to teamwork, and a relentless focus on improving patient care, we want you to apply.
Novartis is a leader in immuno-oncology, and we are seeking a curious and proactive modeler to contribute to the design, characterization, and clinical progression of these new therapies. This is a rapidly advancing field with untapped potential for computational modeling to drive insights across disease areas with both forward and reverse translational approaches. We are seeking a talented modeler who either has experience modeling immuno-oncology therapies or wishes to expand their skillset from other modalities (e.g., biologics, cell & gene, small molecule, etc.).
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the Translational M&S representative on several immuno-oncology programs. Develop and execute modeling strategies, contribute to project team discussions, and guide decisions from therapeutic design to first-in-human dose selection and beyond.
• Build and apply QSP and physiologically-based PK (PBPK) models that link drug pharmacology, tissue biodistribution, mechanism(s) of action, and biological outcomes.
• Advance the development of an integrated immuno-oncology modeling platform that bridges between preclinical species and patients. Collaboratively partner across Translational Medicine, discovery teams, preclinical safety, and drug development.
• Contribute to programs across therapeutic modalities and disease indications, as needed. Novartis has a broad portfolio with hundreds of drug discovery and clinical development projects and you will have opportunities to grow and develop.
• Proactively seek opportunities to increase the impact and awareness of translational modeling through communications with internal and external audiences.
• A modeler at the Sr. Principal Scientist or Associate Director level will have additional strategic responsibilities within the group and will also have opportunities to serve as an M&S subject area expert across PK Sciences and NIBR initiatives.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $151,200 - $226,800 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
• Ph.D. in biology, pharmacology, bioengineering, biophysics, or a related field with 6+ years of industry experience. Candidates with a master’s degree and 10+ years of industry experience will be considered.
• Extensive industry experience in pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics (PK/PD), quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP), and/or physiologically based PK (PBPK) modeling is required.
• Expert level proficiency in modeling & simulation and functional proficiency in data science are required. Prior immuno-oncology modeling experience (e.g., T-cell engagers, monoclonal antibodies, CART, etc.) is preferred, but candidates with experience modeling other modalities will be strongly considered.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate modeling results to a multidisciplinary audience for collaborative work and to facilitate strategy and decision-making.
• Fluent in English (oral and written).
#ModelingAndSimulation #PKSciences #TranslationalMedicineQuants #QSP #PBPK
236 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.