10! That’s the number of new launches planned for immunology over the next few years. As part of the Novartis Pharma Schweiz medical team, you are key in supporting the overall product strategies.
Your key responsibilities:
You lead the scientific engagement with key Medical Experts & key stakeholders in the health care system in connection to the Novartis Priority Brands. Externally, you execute and implement clinical and educational strategies and respond to medical enquiries. Internally you co-lead the strategic planning and x-functional, hands on execution of those.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Engage with Medical Experts (MEs) to educate on medical/scientific information
• Ensure appropriate identification/mapping of MEs/ Key Accounts including identification of opportunities to involve MEs when a specific medical need is identified to provide support
• Develop and execute ME & key stakeholder engagement & activity plans to effectively prioritize and strategically engage MEs aligned with country strategy
• Inform and shape medical strategy by collecting impactful, actionable insights from MEs
• Co-lead local brand strategic & tactical planning & execution
• Support Novartis clinical research programs, optimize trial execution and provide scientific educational support to potential and actual study sites in collaboration with clinical operations.
• Facilitate upon request Investigator Initiated Trial (IIT) & initiate other research projects processes as appropriate
• Serve as a medical resource to field matrix colleagues & external stakeholders
• Identify joint value creation with key scientific leaders, other partners in the healthcare system including patient associations
• Lead top level, impactful scientific events, exchanges and medical education
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD, PharmD, Pharmacist, PhD and other life sciences with solid medical/ technical background
• Business fluent (written and spoken) in German, French and English
• 3-5 years Pharma experience in a similar role
• Good indirect leadership and planning skills
• State of the art knowledge in scientific area
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of drug development, GCP and local regulations
• Good analytical & communications skills
• Understanding of marketing principles and strategies
236 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and accommodation:
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all individuals. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to receive more detailed information about the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network