The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Creighton University invites applications for a full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate. The individual will be involved in a wide variety of laboratory testing and technical activities for a research laboratory.
The postdoctoral researcher will prepare and perform experiments in protein biochemistry, biophysical chemistry, and/or molecular biology including collection, recording, and analysis of data and results. They will be involved in sample collection and analysis/interpretation of results. They will write and record/maintain precise records relative to all research procedures. They will be involved in preparation of manuscripts and grants. This individual will disseminate results/analyses at scientific conferences. In addition to research activities, the postdoctoral researcher will have the opportunity to teach undergraduate courses within the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
· Maintaining and communicating experimental protocols, results, and analyses among lab members
· Interfacing with both internal and external resources as appropriate to obtain technical directive and advice
· Help train and supervise the activities of other full- or part-time laboratory research staff including students and technicians
· Maintain training and continuing education with regard to laboratory and chemical safety
· Regularly survey inventory and ordering laboratory supplies and reagents
· Prepare common laboratory reagents
· Disseminate results to the research community
· Perform routine laboratory procedures and maintaining laboratory records
· Interfacing with departmental or university personnel as required
· Doctorate degree in biochemistry or a related field
· 5+ years of experience in a research lab
· Analytical and creative thinking to problem solve and develop non-standard experimental designs and protocols
Omaha is a diverse community of 850,000 with four Fortune-500 companies, an active sports scene, and a vibrant arts community. Recent Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College rankings recognized Creighton University among the top 20% of institutions in its survey and among the Top 10 big-city colleges in the Midwest.
Creighton University also ranks in the top third of National Universities in U.S. News & World Report's and was previously recognized for 16 years in a row as No. 1 among Best Regional Universities - Midwest. Over the past 17 years, Creighton is the No. 1 Goldwater producing Catholic university in the country and in the top 20 of private universities producing Goldwater Scholars over the past decade.