At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth. Dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Lead the adhesive film/tape development projects from conception to commercialization.
- Collaborate with chemists, application engineers and process engineers to design and improve adhesive formulation performance for future film/tape applications.
- Conduct hands-on work in the laboratory, including formulating and testing adhesives, and coating formulations.
- Ensure that intellectual property is protected through proper documentation and patent filing.
- Effectively work with cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales. Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Understand state-of-art technology advancement and apply it to product development. Generate new intellectual properties. Actively search for new ideas and technology from within or outside.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. Recognize sources of problems; absorb new information easily; expose gaps in logic and contradictions; develop effective solutions to technical roadblocks.
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.
- Master's or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas, is highly preferred.
- Candidate with B.S. degree and a strong track record of >10 years of successful Product Development in the relevant area may be considered.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the areas of reactive and non-reactive coatings, adhesive formulations, adhesive tape.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, and strong ability to design and implement experiments are needed.
- Professional laboratory skills are essential.
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed.
- Familiarity with intellectual property protection, patent filing and trade secrets.
The salary for this role is $100,000.00 - $130,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.JOB ID:
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Contact information for application-related questions: