12,000. The number of associates worldwide working together to reimagine medicine!
The Global Drug Development (GDD) organization oversees the development of new medicines discovered by our researchers and partners. We transform the lives of people by developing innovative and life-changing medicines.
As a crucial member of the Cell Therapies development team, the Automation Engineer will be responsible for contributing to the design, execution, and maintenance of automation systems utilized in the development and characterization of cell and therapy programs. Working closely with a cross-functional team of site engineers and automation experts, this individual will play a vital role in standardizing procedures and enhancing efficiency across the research, development, and technical operations continuum. Passion for cutting edge science and technology and serving patients are also must haves.
What you'll be doing:
• Own, develop, implement & maintain automation solutions that are consistent with specific needs of the development environment (Control Networks / Historians / Scada).
• Implement Software Change Controls associated with automation / system changes.
• Take an active role in preparing adequate and cost effective solutions for all automation investment related projects. Leverage best practices and expertise across the Engineering network.
• Drive the Automation roll-out process at the process development sites ensuring cost, schedule and technical solution are achieved.
• Maintain the Automation System in a qualified status.
Operational Technology (OT):
• Maintain OT systems, tools and applications, ensuring their stability and integrity, while meeting customer service levels.
• Implement / execute the end to end processes required for OT systems and Cyber security requirements.
• Ensure that an up-to-date asset inventory for all technology assets is maintained.
• Take accountability to ensure adherence to security and compliance policies and procedures.
Project Engineering & Control:
• Prepare Equipment Specifications and System Requirements in project (e.g. User Requirement Specification, Functional Specification).
• Contribute to Factory and Site Acceptance Tests / Commissioning / inspections.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role
• Degree in engineering (Dipl. Ing. / M. Sc. / B. Sc.) or equivalent
• 5 years of engineering experience in Automation in Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry
• Proven in resolving software /automation problems & maintain reliable operation of all building control / automation and related systems while complying and supporting the global standards.
• Maintain reliable operation of building automation and related systems, ensuring maximum system availability and acceptable performance.
• Adhere to global & local procedures concerning the operation, maintenance and development of the building automation and related systems
• Communications skills essential.
• Skills in C&Q within the automation (CSV).
• Extended knowledge of GxP / HSE & Quality systems
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $118,400 and $177,600/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
236 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.