100,000 and more!
That’s how many patients are treated in our studies. And every year, 3 million documents are uploaded in the electronic Trial Master Files to preserve the story of the study and ensure innovative medicines can reach even more patients worldwide.
But in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also continue to evolve our approaches to clinical document management and unleash the power of information from this expanding universe of data.
Your responsibilities include but not are limited to:
• Delivery of high quality and timely document processing services (document import, indexing and technical QC) for a portfolio of internal studies.
• Responsible for document processing services being delivered to agreed timelines and quality targets, for an assigned portfolio of studies.
• Identifies and communicate processing risks/trends/patterns related to document processing and works with key stakeholders to define and implement pragmatic remediations.
• Executes vendor oversight plan, monitors service metrics and identifies opportunities for improvement to the operating model. Acts as point of escalation for issues.
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert on TMF training materials, formal and informal processes and tracking tools for TMF oversight activities in collaboration with CDM Process team and other key stakeholders
• Identify and implement improvements to processes to improve capability, capacity and quality of document processing services.
• May act as business lead for innovation projects to enhance document processing services.
• Supports the forecasting and tracking of document processing resource needs including proactive identification of resources to support activities for high-risk and priority projects, partnering with key stakeholders .
• Support the definition and refinement of the document management strategy for outsourced studies, including efficient document returns processes.
• Oversight of document import and indexing/classification for smooth and timely transfer of documents for in-licensed studies or from third-parties to Novartis eDMS.
Provide support in preparation for audits/inspections, contributes to root cause analysis identification and creation/delivery of CAPAs.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What You’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant industry experience.
• English fluency (written, oral) required
• Minimum of 5 years working in clinical research and development in the pharmaceutical industry (and/or Contract Research Organisations) with specific experience in clinical documentation and/or records & information management.
• Demonstrated success in planning and executing cross functional projects.
• Strong influencing and presentation skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• High organisational awareness, including experience working in multi-disciplinary teams, across cultures and geographies.
• Good negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills; experience establishing trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The role can be based in either India,UK OR Ireland.
Our selection process will prioritize associates whose roles may be changing or may be impacted
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: