DMC Hutzel Women's Hospital is nationally recognized for cutting-edge research in high-risk obstetrics, infertility, reproductive genetics, neonatology, maternal fetal medicine, midwifery, gynecology, urogynecology, menopause, permanent birth control and alternatives to hysterectomy. With a rich history of more than 150 years as Michigan's first hospital for women, patients benefit from Hutzel's commitment to research and education. Home to the Perinatology Research Branch of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute for Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Hutzel is recognized as a leader in women's health by physicians and researchers across the country.
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team, and is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The DMC RN:
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers
• Delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care
• Provides and delegates patient care activities to team members
• Monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge
• Reports directly to senior unit management and participates in shared decision-making activities
1. Graduation from a school of nursing required.
2. BSN preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan required.
4. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required.
Job: Obstetric/Women Wing/Labor & Delivery Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital Job Type: PT2Y Shift Type: Nights 2305001700
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.