The department of Paramedicine at Creighton University invites applications and nominations for a Special Faculty
position, in the Department of Paramedicine
Special Faculty are part-time faculty members, compensated by the University, who perform University teaching, research, service and, if appropriate, lab, simulation and/or clinical activity.
This position will help to instruct EMS students per program policies and procedures, facilitating classroom and laboratory sessions. Depending on changing Department of Paramedicine needs, other responsibilities, assignments, and tasks may be added.
These faculty members shall perform duties at less than 50% of the workload of full-time faculty and shall have their agreed-upon workload percentage clearly specified in their letter of appointment. Qualifications
· Nationally Registered paramedics, and eligible for Nebraska paramedic licensure
· Must have an earned bachelor's degree, and willingness to pursue completion of a master's degree (doctoral degree preferred)
· 5 years of patient care experience in an emergency or critical care environment, preferably including field experience in the delivery of out-of-hospital emergency care
· 1 year teaching experience required
· Candidates must possess or be eligible for licensure as a paramedic and EMS Instructor designation in the State of Nebraska.
· Current provider and instructor certifications in BCLS, ACLS, PALS, PEPP, AMLS, ITLS, and PHTLS preferred.
Screening will begin as soon as possible, and will continue until the position is filled. All positions are subject to funding approval at the College and University level.
Questions about the job may be sent to: Ryanbatenhorst@creighton.eduHow to Apply
Applicants must apply with the following materials attached to the online application must include the following:
Attach below documents prior to submitting: Go to Attachments Tab then attach documents in Other Attachments Relevant to this Submission by clicking Upload Other Attachment.
- Resume/Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy including evidence of current teaching effectiveness
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
If you have any questions or issues submitting your application or materials, please don't hesitate to contact HR@creighton.edu.
At Creighton, you are part of something big. Your skills and passions unite with thousands of faculty, staff and students inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work driven by a 475-year-old Jesuit tradition committed to social justice and serving others. Through this tradition, we push the boundaries on innovation. We pursue new knowledge for the betterment of society. We seek to improve our world through Catholic and Jesuit values. And it all starts with you.