Salary: See Position Description
Location : Main Campus - Toms River, NJ
Job Type: Semester Based
Job Number: 202300212
Division: Finance & Administration
Department: WPE Instructors
Opening Date: 09/01/2023
Closing Date: 9/15/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
This position provides Workforce and Professional Education (WPE) non-credit course instruction focused in one or more of the following areas: Career & Technical Education, Credentialing Programs within Allied Health, Education, Business, IT, and Specialized Careers. This position also develops and/or contributes to the development of WPE curriculum for specific classes and prepares and adheres to an approved syllabus. The incumbent will serve as a student resource, mentor and advisor to students in career and program matters while also assessing student progress toward the course completion and/or eligibility for certification. The scheduling of assignment of this position is dependent upon course enrollment numbers and the needs of the department.
Classification: Workforce & Professional Education Instructor
Instructional Duration: Semester Based
Rate AY2024: $458/Continuing Education Unit
What You Will Do
1. Provides course instruction at various times and locations, including online, evening and weekend offerings; develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course and follows established institutional guidelines and/or other certification program requirements.
2. Develops and/or contributes to the development of WPE curriculum for specified/selected classes depending on the subject matter assigned.
3. Serves as a student resource, mentor and advisor to students in career and program matters while also assessing student progress toward the course completion and/or eligibility for certification.
4. Maintains all student records of attendance and performance within the classroom; provides timely, quality driven responses to students through electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
5. Under the guidance of the designated management, provides assistance with implementing and maintaining on file a plan for evaluating the effectiveness of the course and/or program.
6. Remains current in the course content assigned and adapts to evolving computer technology as required of the position.
7. Serves as a community resource person and represents the college to outside groups when requested.
8. Completes any required annual training to remain in compliance with College policy and/or program requirements.
9. Related duties, initiatives and projects as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Must Have
1. Degree in closely related field or equivalent professional experience commensurate with subject/course being taught.
2. At least one to two years' of proven experience preparing written communications, presentation and delivering and facilitating meetings, training sessions and/or teaching classes or seminars.
3. One or more years of prior client service experience in a role requiring interpersonal skills, interaction with a diverse population and the establishment of working/servicing relationships.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software programs as required of the position.
Even Better If You Have
1. One year of experience working in distance learning or using instructional technology.
2. One year of experience teaching in a community college environment.
Ocean County College offers the following benefits to temporary or on-call as needed employees:
OCC follows the NJ Sick Leave Law, providing one (1) hour of sick leave per every thirty (30) hours worked. A maximum of forty (40) hours may be accrued.
Employee Assistance Program:
OCC offers all employees to take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental health support. This is a free and completely confidential service where EAP counselors provide assessment, support, and if needed referrals to additional services.