The professor would be required to teach at least four undergraduate classes per semester, selected from but not limited to, courses in Physics and Natural Sciences. Other classes may be available for additional compensation. In addition, the position requires mentoring the students in doing independent study projects. Current active research program and college level teaching experiences are definite pluses. Rank and salary dependent on qualifications. Responsibilities
The Assistant Professor of Physics is responsible for a wide range of activities including but not limited to the following:
- Teach at least four undergraduate courses per semester including a wide range of courses from.
- Plan for instructional activities to include, but not limited to: Lecture, class discussion, and projects.
- Understanding and experience in remote and distance learning.
- Mentor students in doing independent study projects.
- Provide academic student advisement; participate in student recruitment activities.
- Serve on college committees.
- Participate in ongoing professional development toward an understanding of advances and developments in the field as well as the teaching profession.
- Contribute to the department's curriculum development efforts.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Doctorate Degree Preferred.
- Strong analytical and pedagogical skills.
- Requires ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with frequent high levels of urgency or sensitivity.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Strong written and oral communication as well as a high level of sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings.
- Ability to relate well to the Touro University student population
USD $60,000.00/Yr. Minimum Salary