Position Information Job Posting Title
Occupational Therapy Adjunct Assistant Professor Pool Location
Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College) Department Location
Science and Allied Health Posting Number
F01181P Position Type Temporary Position Category
Adjunct Faculty The Institution About
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District's 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges - American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college's main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country - Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work. Strengths
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes. Our Vision
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields. Position Summary
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for temporary part-time faculty (Adjunct) teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitment efforts. Applicants are contacted/hired year-round for assignments based on college needs. Adjunct pools are open continuously and refreshed every two years.
Applicants in this pool will remain active for two years. After two years applicants will receive an email with information on how to remain in the pool. Salary
$41.27 to $100.50 per hour. Rate determined by education requirement and type of assignment (lab/lecture/non lecture/substitute). LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information
No additional salary information to note Benefits Assignment Responsibilities
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook. Additional Information Work Year
164 days Work Schedule
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus classes/hours. Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements
The faculty member must hold/obtain and maintain the necessary licenses, certificates, etc., as needed for external agency(ies) accreditation. Minimum Qualifications
- Have a bachelor's degree and two years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR have an associate's degree and six years of occupational and/or professional experience directly related to the assignment being taught; OR hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in the discipline area; OR the equivalent.* All degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- Hold a valid license to practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant in the State of California, AND have been initially certified nationally by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy or its preceding certifying bodies.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
Application Instructions Applicants applying to this posting are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
- If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to apply under the "equivalent" provision.
- Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees/minimum qualifications listed above. Please visit our website for a sample letter and information on the equivalency determination process .
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating "see resume" on the application will not have that referenced experience
- considered for minimum qualifications, which may lead to the application being disqualified. Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.•
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College District employees, are required to provide unofficial transcripts, if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within 60 days of the time of hire.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign transcript evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Posting Detail Information Posting Date
10/06/2022 Closing Date
06/30/2023 Open Continuously
Yes Beginning On (or About)
Part-time, Assistant Professor Position. Adjunct pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired year-round for assignments based on college needs.Ending Date, if LTT How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions
for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST , Monday through Friday.
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date. Conditions
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on Los Rios Community College's COVID -19 protocol, please visit COVID -19 Updates
https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/19411 Fte DetailSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- * Can you perform the essential functions of the position you are applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Please indicate how you meet the educational minimum qualifications for this Faculty position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for the discipline as listed on the job posting. (Upload all appropriate unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university.)
- My degree title does not match the titles listed in the Minimum Qualifications section of the job posting, but I possess an equivalent degree and requestng an equivalency review. (Upload your equivalency statement and unofficial transcripts.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Upload the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 or Equivalency Determination Letter and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to - where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Comunidad
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - Asian Pacific Islander Legacy (API)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- Equivalency Determination Letter (P-38 or Equivalency Request Statement)
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- California Community College Instructor's Credential
- Certifications/Licenses 2