Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) invites applications for a full-time faculty position in its doctoral program in Occupational Therapy (OTD), now in its second year and a candidate for ACOTE accreditation.
Notre Dame of Maryland is a private, independent institution anchored in the residential Homeland neighborhood of Baltimore City with outreach programs in the state serving central and southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore. Founded as a Catholic women's college by the School Sisters of Notre Dame in 1895, NDMU, now a comprehensive university, offers baccalaureate degrees in the Women's College and co-ed undergraduate programs for adults, and graduate programs through the School of Arts, Sciences, and Business; School of Education, School of Nursing, and School of Pharmacy.
The faith-based Mission of the University "challenges women and men to strive for professional excellence, to build incisive communities, to engage in service to others, and to promote social responsibility." The program in Occupational Therapy is rooted in this mission in its concern for the needs of the community and its focus on educating strong leaders who can meet those needs. The Occupational Therapy program also benefits from the interprofessional connections in health care through the School of Nursing and the School of Pharmacy. Equally important is the expertise of the School of Education in supporting the preparation of OT educators.
NDMU prides itself on its inclusive community and is committed to building an administration, faculty, and staff that reflects the rich diversity of its student body. We particularly welcome applications from members of those groups who have traditionally been underrepresented in American academia. Job Description
This is a full-time, tenure-track, twelve-month appointment. Standard teaching load is 24credits. Salary is commensurate with experience; compensation also includes a benefits package. The faculty member will support the Program Director, faculty, and staff as they serve students in alignment with the curriculum. Assists the Program Director, faculty, and staff in activities that facilitate academic excellence and promote the mission and philosophy of the Department of Occupational Therapy. The OTD faculty member will:
- Enact commitment to the values of OTD's articulated mission.
- Teaching and maintaining a scholarship in the area(s) of expertise, in congruence with the Department and the University's mission, program objectives, and curricular design, and in compliance with requirements of the ACOTE Standards. Work collaboratively with the Program Director and other faculty, advise students, and engage in service activities (i.e. program admissions) to support the department, university, community, and profession.
Application Instructions:All applicants must submit:
- Earned doctorate in Occupational Therapy or related field; research doctorate preferred.
- Current Professional Occupational Therapy License in Maryland.
- Current NBCOT Certification
- Minimum of 3 years of post-licensure clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience and demonstrated content delivery methods.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae that includes contact information for three (3) professional references.
- Statement of teaching philosophy.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.