Depends on Qualifications Location :
Bamberg County, SC Job Type:
Temporary - Part-Time Job Number:
Denmark Technical College Division:
Academic Affairs Opening Date:
05/08/2023 Closing Date:
Continuous Residency Requirement:
No Class Code::
UZ01 Slot Number::
0000 Position Number::
000000 Normal Work Schedule::
Other Pay Band:
Unclassified Opening Date:
05/08/2023 EEO Statement:
Equal Opportunity Employer Agency Specific Application Procedures::
Denmark Technical College Agency Specific Instructions for Applicants: Persons interested in this opportunity should apply online at www.careers.sc.gov or www.denmarktech.edu. Please complete the State application to include current and previous work history and education. A resume must also be attached, but it will not be substituted for completing the work history and education sections of the application or to determine if an applicant has met the minimum qualifications and additional requirements for the position. Copies of unofficial college transcripts must be submitted for all positions that require a degree. Official transcripts will be required if offered the position. Denmark Technical College provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, - including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability. Veteran Preference Statement:
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Denmark Technical College seeks to build a pool of qualified applicants for adjunct (temporary, part-time) positions to teach various courses.
Applications will be reviewed on an as needed basis
We are seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Adjunct Art Instructor
- Adjunct Biology Instructor
- Adjunct Chemistry Instructor
- Adjunct Developmental Math Instructor
- Adjunct Developmental English Instructor
- Adjunct Developmental Reading Instructor
- Adjunct English Instructor
- Adjunct History Instructor
- Adjunct Math Instructor
- Adjunct Music Instructor
- Adjunct Physics Instructor
- Adjunct Psychology Instructor
- Adjunct Public Speaking
- Adjunct Theatre Instructor
- Adjunct Sociology Instructor
- Adjunct Spanish Instructor
- Instruction including hands-on and theory, classroom management, and administrative tasks that may include reports, syllabus and lesson plan development.
- Prepare and/or maintain current course syllabi for courses taught.
- Ensure course is delivered in accordance with established syllabi.
- Recommend for approval adequate instructional material.
- Recommend for approval adequate laboratory facilities/equipment.
- Supervision of students and maintenance of an orderly classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Prepare and administer exams and maintain accurate grade book and attendance.
- Enforce policy and procedures per program guidelines.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Minimum requirements are dependent upon the area of instruction.
These are temporary, part-time positions. Please review Agency Specific Application procedures for our required application procedures.
We regret that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to candidates individually regarding the status of their application or the status of the interview process. Benefits for State Employees
The state of South Carolina offers eligible employees generous benefits, including health and dental insurance; retirement and savings plan options; and paid vacation and sick leave. Plus, work-life balance programs such as telecommuting and flexible work schedules are available to employees of some state agencies.Insurance Benefits
Eligible employees may enroll in health insurance, which includes prescription coverage and wellness benefits. Other available insurance benefits include dental, vision, term life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses.Retirement Benefits
State employees are also offered retirement plan options, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Additionally, eligible employees may elect to participate in the South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program, which is a voluntary, supplemental retirement savings plan offering 401(k) and 457 plan options.Workplace Benefits
State employees may also be eligible for other benefits, including tuition assistance; holiday, annual and sick leave; and discounts on purchases, travel and more.Note:
The benefits above are available to most state employees, with the exception of those in temporary positions. Employees in temporary grant and time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some or none of these benefits as benefits are associated with each position type. For these positions, contact the hiring agency to determine what benefits may be available.
Please indicate which course(s) and area(s) you would like to be considered for.