We seek energetic and enthusiastic candidates who should demonstrate that they possess:
1) a commitment to student-centered instruction,
2) a passion for mentoring and teaching a diverse student population,
3) a commitment to furthering the university's mission of Inclusive Excellence,
4) the potential to maintain a research record that is commensurate with level of experience, and
5) a vision for expanding programs and other initiatives.
The successful candidate must be a broadly trained nurse who demonstrates that they are equity-minded practitioners with the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with diverse faculty, staff, and students within the nursing department and across campus.
The department offers access to a mentoring program, professional travel opportunities, and summer teaching stipends for faculty. Specific Job Duties (Essential Functions and Responsibilities)
1. Teaching 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters.
2. Advise students in nursing degree requirements.
3. Design and implement theoretical, clinical, simulation or laboratory instruction plus evaluate and revise course curriculum.
4. Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge and practice.
5. Participate in the development, implementation, evaluation, & revision of the Nursing Education Program.
6. Provide oversight and evaluation of Associate Nursing Instructional Personnel.
7. Participate in the development, evaluation, and revision of student policies.
8. Participate in college and departmental services.
Final course assignments will depend upon department needs as well as the preferences of the successful candidate. We are primarily an institution focused on teaching excellence, and the teaching load is
comprised of 12 credit-hours each semester.
Ability to treat others with respect, civility, and courtesy and to work honestly, effectively, and collegiality with employees, students, and the community. This includes the ability to use appropriate conflict management
skills to effectively manage any disagreement that might arise or to bring the disagreement to management for assistance in productive resolution when the situation requires.
Minimum qualifications at the time of appointment must include the following:
* Master's degree in nursing. PhD or DNP preferred.
*Two years of full-time professional nursing clinical experience.
*Two years of full-time teaching experience in a nursing program or equivalent experience preferred.
* Hold a current license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse in Colorado, or be eligible to obtain a Colorado Registered Nurse license.
* Successful record of recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty, staff and students, including individuals from diverse and multicultural backgrounds •Demonstrated knowledge, skills or relevant abilities in teaching Hispanic or first-generation students.
Salary and Compensation:
The salary range is $57,800 - $61,400 commensurate with experience. Adams State University offers a competitive benefits package.
Completed applications must include the following:
•Letter of application, describing interest in this position:
•Names and contact information (addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses) of three (3) professional references who can address your qualifications for this position.
•Unofficial transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended, official transcripts are required upon hiring.
All applications must be made through the Adams State University Careers page.
Questions may be directed to the Director of Nursing, Kim Chacon.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 719 587-8288
Priority consideration to completed applications submitted on or before
August 31, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled.
Adams State University is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for its students, faculty, staff and visitors, and to protecting its funds, property and other assets. Well-informed hiring decisions contribute to this effort. Therefore, Adams State University has adopted a policy on background screening for its prospective, continuing, and returning employees as well as students in certain circumstances. Offers of employment will be contingent upon the completion of an acceptable background check. The information received in response to a background check will be treated as confidential to the extent provided for by law.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Part 106 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, including in admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and CFR 106 to Adams State University (ASU) may be directed to ASU's Office of Equal Opportunity, Director Ana Guevara, and/or to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education. Support resources for sexual misconduct, ASU's sexual misconduct policies, contact information for the Adams State University's Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX, as well as a detailed procedure for filing a grievance due to discrimination on the basis of sex may be found online at https://www.adams.edu/administration/oeo/reporting-sexual-harassment/. These procedures also describe the University's response to reports and/or complaints of sex discrimination or sexual harassment.
Adams State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications are sought from all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, disability, and, as covered by law, veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation including transgender status and gender expression, marital status, and parental status.
Adams State University is dedicated to fostering Inclusive Excellence and especially encourages applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other historically underrepresented populations. Given the university's mission and student body composition, the institution is committed to increasing the diversity of its professional staff and is actively seeking qualified applicants who have experiences, skills, and/or personal attributes that augment the perspectives of our current faculty and staff; we will give particular consideration to qualified applicants with experience in ethnically diverse settings or who possess varied language skills and have a record of successful experience in engaging diverse communities and student populations. Additional information about the university and the academic mission may be found at www.adams.edu/academics/