New York Institute of Technology's six schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in in-demand disciplines including computer science, data science, and cybersecurity; biology, health professions, and medicine; architecture and design; engineering; IT and digital technologies; management; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education founded in 1955, it welcomes nearly 8,000 students worldwide.
The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world. More than 112,000 alumni are part of an engaged network of physicians, architects, scientists, engineers, business leaders, digital artists, and healthcare professionals. Together, the universitys community of doers, makers, healers, and innovators empowers graduates to change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology seeks an Associate Director of Institutional Research based out of our Long Island campus. Supporting the Director, the Associate Director will ensure institutional data is available for research, planning, decision-making, institutional effectiveness, accountability review, and operational effectiveness.
- Support the Director with developing consistent institutional reports, dashboards and help set up the infrastructure to deliver them to users.
- Collaborate with the Director to proactively assess and address other department needs for data and information.
- Assist the Director of Institutional Research to support reporting activities and evaluative processes, including accreditation support, academic program reviews, mandatory reporting, and continuous process improvement.
- Use and provide data visualization, dashboards, and predictive analytics to support and advance institutional priorities, including student persistence and success; enrollment management; diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives; learning outcomes assessment; and operational effectiveness.
- Use and enhance available analytical tools to develop and run models for projections and forecasting.
- Assist the Director of Institutional Research to present data to a wide array of internal and external audiences and constituencies, including New York Techs executive leadership.
- Serve as a resource to the New York Tech community regarding how to access data to inform decision-making and advance institutional goals.
- Assist the Director in the development of data systems and policies and procedures relating to data governance, data integrity, and reporting best practices.
- Provide strategic research and benchmarking partnerships to provide context and enhance internal research capacity.
- Provide technical and analytical support to administration and faculty through translation of assessment questions and needs into research designs and data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Hybrid work option available.
Bachelors degree required.
Masters or doctoral degree preferred.
Higher Education experience in institutional research and assessment or related field with statistical research analysis needed.
Excellent statistical and analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods and understanding of data science techniques
High level of proficiency with MS Office and data visualization tools (Tableau)
Experience with institutional accreditation and regulatory reporting
Working knowledge of computing and statistical tools, especially MS Office, SAS/SPSS/R/etc.
Knowledge of state and federal requirements for the gathering, reporting, and dissemination of data from higher education institutions.
New York Institute of Technology offers numerous opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth and provides employees with a competitive compensation and benefits program inclusive of generous paid time off, holidays, tuition remission, and retirement plans with employer contributions.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with local legislation as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, the annual base salary range for this position is listed. New York Tech considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate experience/expertise, education/training, key skills, geographic location, internal peer equity as well as market, organizational considerations and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement when extending an offer.