Depends on Qualifications Location :
Bamberg County, SC Job Type:
Temporary Grant - Full-Time Job Number:
Denmark Technical College Division:
Academic Affairs-Industrial/Related Technologies Opening Date:
05/04/2023 Closing Date:
Continuous Residency Requirement:
No Class Code::
UG70 Slot Number::
0000 Position Number::
G20023 Normal Work Schedule::
Other Normal Work Schedule (Other)::
Monday - Thursday (8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.); Friday (8:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon) Pay Band:
Unclassified Opening Date:
05/04/2023 EEO Statement:
Equal Opportunity Employer Agency Specific Application Procedures::
Please complete the State application to include current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application or to determine if an applicant has met the minimum qualifications and additional requirements for the position. Copies of unofficial college transcripts must be submitted for all positions that require a degree. Official transcripts will be required if offered the position. Denmark Technical College provides affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, - including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability. Veteran Preference Statement:
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Teaches theoretical and laboratory nuclear engineering technology courses. Provides leadership, management, planning, and coordination with instruction of students, maintaining labs, student enrollment and advisement, student recruiting and retention, marketing the program, and services to college and the community. Includes curriculum and instructional development, assessment, functions to include program and student learning outcomes, and student advisement. Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter being taught, and hold valid teaching credentials as defined by SBTCE, college policies and procedures, and SACSCOC criteria. Must be able to motivate students.
- Instructional Development: Develops and maintains course documentation; reviews and selects textbooks for courses in subjects' area; maintaining audio-visual and /or other materials for courses taught through any medium; organized and well prepared for class; schedules class and lab time effectively. Coordinates weekend and summer events and activities. Orders supplies for curriculum. Manages the budget for the program.
- Teaching Performance: provides students with a course syllabus, grading/attendance policy, and other relevant information in a timely manner, relating instructional practical examples and illustrations; paces the instruction over the semester, providing students with timely tests; returns test results in a timely manner, relates tests to course objectives; follows acceptable department and college grading policies. At least annually, participates in conducting a college student evaluation of at least one section of every course taught.
- Student Advisement: maintains required office hours; publicizes office hours and availability; refers students to other persons for appropriate assistance; maintains appropriate records; meets with students in a timely manner; displays sensitivity to students' needs and problems.
- College and/or Community Service: assists with recruitment as required; assists with job/transfer placement or recommendations as required; cooperates with or participating in projects/activities of other instructional and support areas in fulfillment of the college's mission; serves effectively on college/community committees.
- Instructional Management: submits reports in a timely manner; arranges physical environment as much as possible for effective learning adhering to class schedules; provides effective classroom/lab supervisors; maintaining accurate records; provides disciplinary action where appropriate.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Master's degree in Nuclear Engineering/Technology or a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline plus two (2) years of college level
teaching experience; or Bachelor's degree in Nuclear Engineering/Technology with five (5) years of teaching and/or industrial experience in Nuclear Technology; or an Associate degree in Nuclear Technology with ten (10) years of teaching and/or industrial experience in Nuclear Technology.
Meets and sets goals and deadlines, operates equipment and trainers, builds working relationship with local industries, and recruits and retains students. Available for overnight and local travel, and teach evening and weekend courses. Benefits for State Employees
The state of South Carolina offers eligible employees generous benefits, including health and dental insurance; retirement and savings plan options; and paid vacation and sick leave. Plus, work-life balance programs such as telecommuting and flexible work schedules are available to employees of some state agencies.Insurance Benefits
Eligible employees may enroll in health insurance, which includes prescription coverage and wellness benefits. Other available insurance benefits include dental, vision, term life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses.Retirement Benefits
State employees are also offered retirement plan options, including defined benefit and defined contribution plans. Additionally, eligible employees may elect to participate in the South Carolina Deferred Compensation Program, which is a voluntary, supplemental retirement savings plan offering 401(k) and 457 plan options.Workplace Benefits
State employees may also be eligible for other benefits, including tuition assistance; holiday, annual and sick leave; and discounts on purchases, travel and more.Note:
The benefits above are available to most state employees, with the exception of those in temporary positions. Employees in temporary grant and time-limited positions may be eligible for all, some or none of these benefits as benefits are associated with each position type. For these positions, contact the hiring agency to determine what benefits may be available.