7000 patients, 1200 clinical sites, 40 countries, 100+ clinical studies led by Novartis Clinical Sciences & Innovation (CS&I) last year.
Who are we?
We are Clinical Sciences and Innovation at Novartis. A dynamic group of Clinical Scientists who plan and execute early phase trials worldwide. From First-in-Human to Proof-of-Concept and beyond. We design and operationalize trials, ensuring they run smoothly, on time and - most importantly - with patients’ interests to the fore. Curious, unbossed and inspired; we are committed to flexibility in the workplace.
We are looking for a Therapeutic Area Head Clinical Sciences Immunology to join the group. The appointed person will lead the Clinical Sciences Immunology team. They will be accountable for clinical and scientific oversight and ensuring strategic planning, execution, and delivery of all Translational Medicine global clinical trials across all programs within Immunology. They will also provide scientific, strategic and operational expertise to portfolio and program level activities to meet departmental, NIBR and senior leadership goals. They will be a single point of contact for the assigned Therapeutic Area, representing Clinical Sciences & Innovation on the Disease Area Decision Board.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Provides clinical sciences leadership and strategic input to ensure all global clinical studies across all programs within Immunology Translational Medicine/NIBR are delivered according to timelines, budget and quality standards.
• Communicates a clear vision for the portfolio and sets direction for study and program teams in partnership with TM Immunology Head to enable efficiency in internal decision-making and milestone transition(s) leading to NDA registration.
• Collaborates and innovates cross-divisionally with key stakeholders to ensure clinical-scientific and operational excellence, with effective program deliverance.
• Member of the corresponding NIBR Disease Area Decision Board; CS&I Immunology representative at divisional governance board(s) and at various functional leadership teams.
• Ownership of the global Immunology external budget. Collaborates with other clinical Sciences Therapeutic Areas to effectively prioritize and manage internal resources to execute the portfolio.
• Chairs cross-functional Immunology portfolio meetings to ensure scientific and operational review and endorsement of key regulatory documentation as well as ongoing portfolio oversight and risk management.
• Builds best talent and promotes talent development across the organization. Ensures an empowered, collaborative and inspired culture with Immunology to foster high performance in a matrix environment.
• Proactively identifies process improvements, drives use of new technologies and innovation within Immunology and across CS&I. Leads or participates in global, cross-functional / cross-divisional initiatives.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree (or equivalent education) in life sciences/healthcare required. PhD/PharmD strongly preferred.
• At least 10 years in clinical drug development with significant early phase clinical trial operations experience including an Immunology/scientific focus.
• Demonstrated ability to establish strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Strong strategic program management experience including effective prioritization, problem solving and decision making.
• People management and talent development skills honed within global setting.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, with proven leadership through collaboration and influence across matrixed and high-pressured environments.
• Fluent oral and written English skills with with successful presentation capabilities
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network