If you're looking for great benefits, look no further. Endicott offers health, dental, and tuition benefits for you and your family along with a retirement plan with employer contributions! We are located approximately 20 miles north of Boston and parking is free. We are also accessible by commuter rail on the Newburyport/Rockport line. Come and explore Endicott's seaside locale where employees are an important part of the bustling campus community!
The School of Sport Science at Endicott College is a passionate team of educators who are devoted to the success of each of its students. Located on the Northshore of Boston, Endicott is a close-knit community that inspires innovation, embraces diversity, and supports professional growth.
Endicott College's School of Sport Science is seeking a motivated and dedicated team player to join the Exercise Science program as Assistant Professor. This position requires classroom and laboratory experience teaching in Exercise Physiology. Other teaching responsibilities may include Exercise for Special Populations, Motor Learning and Control, Kinesiology, Personal and Community Health, Management for Wellness Professionals, Research Methods, and Thesis. The individual will also advise students; participate in accreditation and assessment processes; engage in professional development; and participate in school and college-wide service.
This position is covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Endicott College Faculty Association (ECFA) and Endicott College. ECFA is a faculty union organized under the NEA (National Educational Association) and provides structure and support for all full-time faculty at Endicott College.
This full-time position includes medical, dental, retirement and tuition benefits for you and your family. Endicott is located 20 miles north of Boston and accessible by public transportation. The parking is free and the beautiful beaches are close by. Come join us - apply today!
- Teaches four courses per semester
- Evidence of ongoing scholarly activities (research, publications, presentations, etc.) that enhance teaching and deepen knowledge base in subject areas;
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities.
- Advises up to 25 students;
- Mentors students;
- Provides service to the Department, School and the College;
- Actively participates in relevant professional organizations
- Performs other duties as required and as allowed by the ECFA-Endicott Contract.
- Doctorate in related field is preferred
- Master degree required
- Prior teaching experience in a Baccalaureate program desired
- Ability to teach courses in Exercise Physiology and a variety of other disciplines related to exercise science;
- Knowledge of technology related to laboratory equipment and instruction;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor students;
- Demonstrated ability to relate to college age students
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
We look forward to hearing from you!