Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Principal Scientist in Analytical Research and Development, you will play an important role during all phases of pharmaceutical development. This colleague will take an active role by leading the development strategies and performing lab work for new drug candidates. You will work with cross-functional development teams and apply a variety of methodologies to support physical and chemical characterization of drug products. How You Will Achieve It
- This colleague will be responsible for developing analytical strategies in support of pharmaceutical drug substance during all development phases, including supporting manufacturing process development, developing, validating and transferring analytical methods, designing stability studies for shelf life assignments, and developing impurity control strategies.
- Collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts to assess the most appropriate analytical approach to support project activities, including use of computational predictive tools, modelling software and data visualization tools where appropriate.
- Perform lab work and delegate responsibilities and review peer lab work as appropriate,
- Through effective communication and collaboration with multidisciplinary team members, this colleague will have the opportunity to present data at team meetings and be actively involved in solving technical challenges that arise during development.
- The candidate must be able to collaborate with and mentor peers as well as effectively interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Author relevant sections of global regulatory submissions in support of new drug approvals. They will also prepare technical reports, critically review data, and may evaluate new instrumentation and analytical techniques/approaches.
- Proficient with a wide variety of software and information systems and the curiosity to continue learning new techniques to solve complex analytical problems
- Proficient with a breadth of relevant methodologies such as, chromatography, IR spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, particle size analysis and NMR, with expertise in one or more of these techniques.
- Ph.D in Analyical Chemistry or related field, with 5+ years of R&D experience OR Master's Degree in Analytical Chemistry or related field, with 15+ years of relevant industrial experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including visualization of data, presentations and authoring technical articles.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and interact with multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and solve complex analytical problems.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Proficient with a wide variety of software and information systems.
- Ph.D in Analyical Chemistry or related field, with 5+ years of R&D experience
- Working knowledge and the ability to operate analytical techniques such as HPLC-MS, GC-MS, spectroscopy, and physical techniques such as particle size that are commonly used for the characterization of pharmaceutical substances and products is desired.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Ability to work in the laboratoryNON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Work will require adherence of safe work practices and SOPs.
- Eligible for Employee Referral
- Relocation support available
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
- Last Day to Apply: September 22, 2023
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development