**Up to $25,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team, and is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The DMC RN:
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers
• Delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care
• Provides and delegates patient care activities to team members
• Monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge
• Reports directly to senior unit management and participates in shared decision-making activities
1. Graduation from a school of nursing required.
2. BSN preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan required.
4. American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required.
Job: Surgical Services Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan Facility: DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital Job Type: Full-time Shift Type: Days 2305000612
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.