At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions -because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 80,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.Post-Doctoral Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the Labcorp Drug Development Post Doc Development Program at our Madison, Wisconsin location and apply your postdoc in an industry role.
Uniquely positioned as a world leader in drug development, we've crafted complex and cutting edge projects specifically for motivated postdocs who want to explore research in industry. Postdocs hired into our program will also participate in a tailored learning and development journey designed to expand technical expertise, professional and leadership development and networking opportunities. The technical pillar of your learning journey includes regulatory training, such as GLP, conference attendance, publication opportunities and dedicated mentorship. Additionally, you'll be part of leadership courses, executive speaker series, and presentation opportunities with senior scientific leaders.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to apply your postdoc skills and experiences in an industry project with dedicated learning and development to support your scientific, research and professional career aspirations. Join us and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world!About the Team:
Post-Doc Project Summary:
- The Ocular Toxicology and Drug Metabolism/ Pharmacokinetics group within Early Development is made up of laboratory and scientific staff with training and experience to support the unique demands of ophthalmic drug development. Through close collaboration with a third party consortium of vision science experts, the ocular team at Labcorp Madison has been providing industry-leading preclinical ophthalmic drug development services for over 25 years.
- Help establish use of minipig as a model for preclinical ocular safety and DMPK with a focus on cell and gene therapy programs.
- Assist with data analysis and integration for initial minipig project with goals of understanding key structural and functional endpoints, including ERG, advanced imaging, and to compare ocular tolerability and transgene expression between immunosuppressed or immunocompetent NHPs and Gottingen minipigs administered a gene therapy vector via intravitreal or subretinal dose routes.
- Help understand the tolerability and effectiveness of an immunsupression regimen in minipigs in support of future human cell transplantation studies in this model.
- Work with special pathology and Immunology & Immunotoxicology groups to research and develop minipig specific immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization assays for viral/non-viral gene therapy and cell transplantation studies.
- Assist with or lead generation of scientific posters, publications, presentations, and/or other client facing resources related to the project or related projects.
- Attend relevant professional conferences and seminars as applicable.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Have a minimum of 4 years working experience within the relevant discipline (ophthalmology or cell and gene therapy)
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels with other Labcorp employees, as well as external clients, suppliers, etc.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Ophthalmology, Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics or related scientific area with publication record
- Experience in the following scientific areas is required
- Cell or gene therapy
- Experience in one or more of the following scientific areas is desired
- GLP standards
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.