Scientist 3 Chemistry General Summary
This position is responsible for designing and providing synthetic chemistry support for our small molecule drug discovery projects utilizing standard laboratory techniques and methods, , analyzing research data, providing interpretations, contributing to the development of research documentation for publications and/or providing technical reports, papers and/or records, managing and/or training junior researchers and CRO chemists, and providing technical write-ups for grant and/or task order proposalsEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing research and technical write-ups to one or more Principal Investigators for grant and task order proposals.
- Independently participates in planning, designing and conducting chemical synthesis in variety of research projects. Independently drives lead optimization efforts for medicinal chemistry projects from identification of HTS hits to drug candidate selection.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to the area of specialization.
- Independently synthesizes organic molecules and performs experimental procedures.
- Responsible for interpreting analytical/spectral, ADME, and PK data, independently.
- Contributes to publications and patents derived from project data.
- Operates, maintains scientific equipment and learn new instrumental techniques.
- Maintains external awareness of scientific discipline through familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Develops resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope.
- Attends technical staff and departmental meetings.
- Routinely presents data during internal group meetings and/or to external collaborators
- Supervises junior researchers and/or external contractors. Observes appropriate safety and study requirements by reading, understanding and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Core ValuesCultivating human connection
- Education and experience:
- BS in Chemistry or related discipline and 16 years of laboratory experience performing organic synthesis; or
- MS in Chemistry or related discipline and 13 years of laboratory experience performing organic synthesis; or
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related discipline and 7 years of laboratory experience performing organic synthesis.
- Experience with an emphasis on nucleoside chemistry is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and methods of analysis associated with the synthesis of new compounds.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites Products and chemical drawing programs.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to observe appropriate safety and study requirements by reading, understanding, and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- putting people first. We know that every individual makes a difference and that no one can do it alone. We believe the world's most powerful resource is human potential. We are an inclusive and courageous team where innovation and diversity of though go hand in hand. We understand that relationships move at the speed of trust.Operating with precise execution
- measuring what matters and owning results as a team. We leverage data to drive decisions that advance science. We recognize the importance of a stable foundation coupled with an agile mindset. We hold ourselves accountable and take pride in our work. We give and receive candid feedback as a gift that keeps us growing.Harnessing relentless curiosity -
our unstoppable, innovative force. We are driven to ask sharp questions and push the boundaries of knowledge. We use creativity and critical thinking as catalysts for finding solutions that change lives. We learn by doing, consistently striving to improve our relationships, training, methodologies, questions and results.Stewarding a healthy community
- implementing sustainable operations for a safe, engaging environment. We don't compromise on safety and health for our employees, customers or community. We believe a healthy community begins with inclusive economic opportunities. We respect the dignity of the patients we ultimately serve. We are motivated to serve communities that are underserved and markets that are overlooked.