Apply for JobJob ID355375
Employee ClassInstr Fac/TC and Coord Cmp
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this Job
About the Job
Vice Chair for Quality and Safety - Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota Medical School seeks a fulltime ABA board certified/eligible candidate with a specific interest and background in quality and safety to fill the role of Vice-Chair for Quality and Safety. As a faculty member, the successful candidate will practice at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and other affiliated sites. In the role of Vice-Chair for Quality and Safety, the incumbent will collaborate with the department, Medical School, UMN Health, campus units, Minnesota community and other partners to continuously identify areas of clinical improvement and to implement processes for achieving the improvement goals. The incumbent will serve as a successful mentor and advisor for trainees and junior, mid-career and late career faculty.
An appropriate amount of academic time will be allocated to discharge the responsibilities of the Vice-Chair for Quality and safety position, as well as meet the position's goals and metrics (enumerated below).
1. Provides vision, leadership and stewardship for the strategic plan and mechanisms for Quality Improvement programs and development
2. Partners with faculty leadership to develop, implement and maintain the quality management program.
3. Partners with Committee chairs to provide direction to and oversee the committee's annual work plan and action agenda
4. Partners with administrative leadership to direct the support activities of the department's Office of Quality Management
5. Partners with the Chair and Department Administrator to manage department quality information, space, infrastructure and technology resources
6. Work with Departmental and other institutional data retrieval and management staff to identify, implement and track new quality metrics
7. Represents the department at appropriate institutional, community and national functions related to quality
The University of Minnesota is a large and diverse university and medical school with a large subspecialty practice plan of over 1,200 physicians, University of Minnesota Physicians. The University of Minnesota is a major research university whose motto is "Driven to Discover". Consistent with this mission, we have a very active research division that is conducting a wide variety of clinical trials. The department has an ACGME approved residency program and an ACGME approved fellowships programs in Cardiothoracic, Critical Care Medicine, Pediatric, and Regional and Acute Pain Anesthesiology. The department has a robust infrastructure for clinical and basic science research, education, simulation and quality improvement. More information about the department can be found at http://www.anesthesiology.umn.edu/
* Minimum requirements are an M.D or equivalent degree
* Ability in teaching and scholarly productivity in one or more specialty areas in anesthesiology
* Eligibility for medical licensure in the State of Minnesota
* Board certified or board eligible in anesthesiology and completion of an ACGME-accredited anesthesiology residency training
* Knowledge of evidence-based practice and quality improvement concepts.
* Experience in both leading and participating in quality/process improvement projects.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills
* Experience in teaching and scholarly productivity in anesthesiology quality and safety
* Fellowship training in any subspecialty
Responsibilities for Vice-Chair for Quality and Safety
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training and degree-seeking programs supported by the
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling at no costPlease visit the for more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section. Please upload a cover letter, a CV, and a one page career goal statement. Your application will not be considered until all components of the application are complete. Review of applications is ongoing, and the position will remain open until the posting is removed.To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.