Ecolab is seeking a Principal Chemist to develop and advance differentiated innovations in chemistry and associated processes through synthesis, structure-activity correlations, product optimization, production support, and chemical application insights satisfying both business and customer needs. In this role, you will be responsible for performing and leading research, development, and problem-solving projects to enable new product and platform development across a variety of Nalco Water businesses. You will work closely with core and application research teams to design, execute, and communicate results. We are seeking candidates who have strong collaboration and teamwork skills, are self-motivated, have good communication skills, are creative problem solvers, and possess strong observation and perception skills.What's in it For You:
What You Will Do:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Molecular design (both polymer and small molecule), synthesis, and characterization
- Develop and apply laboratory synthetic routes, formulation, and characterization methods for water-soluble polymers in various product forms
- First path performance evaluation of developed chemistries and associated technologies
- Iterative structure-activity optimizations through close collaboration with application subject matter experts
- Evaluate scale-up feasibility of developed chemistry from bench to pilot plant scale
- Support field performance validation of newly developed chemistries
- Continued optimization and support (production/quality/compliance) of our current product portfolio
- Actively engage in development of new platforms that meet strategic business needs
- Interpret experimental data and communicate results clearly to peers and project teams in written reports and oral presentations
- Provide consulting on experimental design, mentoring, and work direction for junior lab scientists
- Ph.D. in Polymer/Organic Chemistry or related chemistry discipline and less than 2 years of relevant R&D experience
- Synthetic and formulation chemistry experience
- Sponsorship not available
- Ability to flourish as part of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers
- Understanding of fundamental physical/chemical properties and structure-activity relationships
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work.
For more Ecolab news and information, visit . Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab, LinkedIn at Ecolab or Instagram at Ecolab Inc#li-uscfBenefits
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here. Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Job ID:
Full timeJob Area:
Research, Development, & EngineeringPosted Date: