UNM Hospitals participates in the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) and depending on your Nursing Education and National Certifications, you'll work towards one of five CAP levels that offer increasing compensation. You may earn up to an additional $8.00 per hour.
Sign on Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement available!
Department: I/P Hemodialysis
Function as unit educator, master teacher, master preceptor and facilitates evidenced-based research into specialized areas of nursing. Utilize the expertise of a practitioner to incorporate nursing processes into the plan of care for a specialized group of patients. Perform as a unit educator while maintaining clinical skills by performing as a clinical instructor for students from the CON on home unit and/or assisting in staffing on unit. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* LEAD - Provide educational leadership to enhance specialized patient care within clinical protocols
* INITIATE - Initiate unit-based strategies for developing clinical skills through the master clinician, master preceptor model
* PERFORM - Perform as a unit educator while maintaining clinical skills by performing as a clinical instructor for students from the CON on home unit and/or assisting in staffing on unit
* PLAN - Develop patient plans of care incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards
* CONSULTS - Consult with and serve as a clinical resource for the multidisciplinary team to ensure quality patient care
* EDUCATE - Educate appropriate staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments for their service; coordinates in-service training/workshops for appropriate staff
* ASSIST - Assist patient and caregivers with educational needs, problem solving, and health management aspects across the continuum of care
* COLLABORATE - Collaborate with the Clinical Educator as well as the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Specialty RN, or Unit Director to plan and implement pertinent curricula
* MONITOR - Monitor trends and implement educational strategies to ensure quality standards and parameters are achieved
* PATIENT CARE - Deliver safe direct care to an assigned group of patients, providing specialized patient care within nursing protocols and assisting the admission, transfer and discharge process performing all RN nursing duties
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Bachelor's Degree
* Master's Degree
* BSN or MSN
18 months directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 3 years directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
* Instructor in Unit-Required Certifications w/in 90 Days
* Current Instructor in BLS, ACLS, NRP or other instruct cert
Credential equivalent experience:
* Instructor in Unit-Required Certifications or obtained within one year of position (BLS, ILS, NRP, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, etc)
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
Department: Registered Nurse