Adjunct Faculty Science: Biology The Undergraduate School UMGC Europe Location: Stuttgart, Germany
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach on-site in Germany in the Biology program. Required Education and Experience
Materials needed for submission
- Master's degree in Biology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Professional experience in Biology or related field.
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred.
- Local applicants only. Adjunct faculty positions are not eligible for UMGC sponsored logistical support. Applicants must have and be able to maintain their own legal status in the country in which they apply to teach
Who We Are and Who We Serve
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- Unofficial transcripts for all conferred degrees with conferral date
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit a translation/degree evaluation from a NACES approved vendor.
UMGC-one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)-is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First," and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service. The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMGC
UMGC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
The Programs at UMGC
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
Please visit the following link to learn more about the Biology program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework: https://europe.umgc.edu/online-degrees/course-information/listing.biol
Please visit the following link to learn more about teaching in Europe: https://europe.umgc.edu/about/careers-at-umgc-europe.html Faculty Training at UMGC
We are committed to your professional success at UMGC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 412, as a condition of hire. Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled Salary Commensurate with Experience
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html
. The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to helping safeguard the health of its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and guests. Because vaccinations reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2-the virus that causes COVID-19-all prospective UMGC faculty (full-time and adjunct) and staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and current with the recommended boosters. As always, operations at our military locations in Europe, Asia, and stateside will follow the guidance of the U.S. Department of Defense and local commands, and may require proof of full vaccination, unless an exception is approved as a reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion. If so, a copy of their Approved Exception Letter must be provided before the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or show proof of exception may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
The University of Maryland Global Campus Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to creating and maintaining a welcoming and inclusive working environment for people of all abilities. UMGC is dedicated to the principle that no qualified individual with a disability shall, based on disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of the University, or be subjected to discrimination. For information about UMGC's Reasonable Workplace Accommodation Policy or to request an accommodation, applicants/candidates can contact Employee Accommodations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.