7000 patients, 1200 clinical sites, 40 countries, 100+ clinical studies led by Novartis Clinical Sciences & Innovation (CS&I) last year.
Who are we?
We are Clinical Sciences and Innovation at Novartis. A dynamic group of Clinical Scientists who plan and execute early phase trials worldwide. From First-in-Human to Proof-of-Concept and beyond. We design and operationalize trials, ensuring they run smoothly, on time and - most importantly - with patients’ interests to the fore. Curious, unbossed and inspired; we are committed to flexibility in the workplace.
As an Associate Clinical Scientist, you will support the clinical science and operations of planning and executing translational medicine clinical studies. Collaborating across our global network, partnering with world-class physicians and scientists, building therapeutic area, related process and technology expertise as well as helping us to revolutionize next-generation, digital and patient-centric trials design. Always curious, innovative and inspiring, you will contribute in transitioning discovery research to clinical practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Operationally and scientifically support /co-lead clinical studies and deputize for the study leader as required.
• Contributing member of the global Clinical Trial Team (CTT) to collaborate & ensure all TM deliverables are met, with defined responsibilities to include overseeing management of clinical trial materials, regional management of study conduct in investigator sites, and/or vendor oversight as well as supporting life cycle budget management and forecasting.
• Drive and deliver aspects of global trial execution from study design & planning to final reporting, in a given therapeutic area and technology platforms & support in clinical data review, analysis & reporting
• Contribute to the development of the clinical study protocol, amendments and related documents, Informed Consent Form, Risk Mitigation plan and other study essential documents.
• Ensure quality conduct, accuracy and process standards are applied across the trial lifecycle including relevant central trial information databases.
• Support optimization of standard methodologies in clinical trial operations and adopt an open learning and sharing environment.
• Contribute to identification and implementation of process improvements.
• Unleash the value of data and digital within clinical studies.
Ultimately, YOU will help bring new technologies and therapies closer to our patients.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $102,400 and $153,800/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Position to be based in Cambridge, MA
Please note that this role would not provide relocation.
The closing date for this role is September 19th, 2023.
What you will bring to the role:
• Business-level oral and written English
• BSc in life sciences, or a life sciences MSc, PhD or PharmD (desirable)
• 2+ years’ experience in clinical trial management/operations, of which 1+ year experience in early phase clinical trial operations preferred, coupled with a good knowledge of either the drug development or the digital endpoint development field.
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice
• Strong demonstrated project management experience; excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Experience of working successfully in a team and used to balancing multiple priorities concurrently.
• Leadership potential and well-developed interpersonal skills. A track record of collaborating with and influencing a wide range of people, and of building positive relationships, along with a customer orientation awareness and focus
• High change agility, thriving in an open and dynamic environment. Able to learn proactively, tackle issues and take accountability.
• Clear written and verbal expression of ideas; an active communicator
• Office and clinical trial software IT computer literacy.
236 million lives were touched by Novartis Innovative Medicines in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could achieve here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network