Department: PACU (Recovery Room 1)
This position is for the Anesthesia Group. They will support anesthesiology and nursing with blocks and pain management. Hours Mon-Fri 0600-1430.
Function as unit educator, master teacher, master preceptor and facilitates evidenced-based research into specialized areas of nursing. Utilize the expertise of a practitioner to incorporate nursing processes into the plan of care for a specialized group of patients. Perform as a unit educator while maintaining clinical skills by performing as a clinical instructor for students from the CON on home unit and/or assisting in staffing on unit. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* LEAD - Provide educational leadership to enhance specialized patient care within clinical protocols
* INITIATE - Initiate unit-based strategies for developing clinical skills through the master clinician, master preceptor model
* PERFORM - Perform as a unit educator while maintaining clinical skills by performing as a clinical instructor for students from the CON on home unit and/or assisting in staffing on unit
* PLAN - Develop patient plans of care incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards
* CONSULTS - Consult with and serve as a clinical resource for the multidisciplinary team to ensure quality patient care
* EDUCATE - Educate appropriate staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments for their service; coordinates in-service training/workshops for appropriate staff
* ASSIST - Assist patient and caregivers with educational needs, problem solving, and health management aspects across the continuum of care
* COLLABORATE - Collaborate with the Clinical Educator as well as the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Specialty RN, or Unit Director to plan and implement pertinent curricula
* MONITOR - Monitor trends and implement educational strategies to ensure quality standards and parameters are achieved
* PATIENT CARE - Deliver safe direct care to an assigned group of patients, providing specialized patient care within nursing protocols and assisting the admission, transfer and discharge process performing all RN nursing duties
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Bachelor's Degree
* Master's Degree
* BSN or MSN
3 years directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
* Instructor in Unit-Required Certifications w/in 90 Days
* Current Instructor in BLS, ACLS, NRP or other instruct cert
Credential equivalent experience:
* Instructor in Unit-Required Certifications or obtained within one year of position (BLS, ILS, NRP, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, etc)
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
Department: Registered Nurse