12,000. The number of associates worldwide working together to reimagine medicine!
Novartis is expanding its early Process Development capabilities for innovative cell therapies in Cambridge, MA with the goal of making personalized medicine accessible to more patients in need. Our CAR-T and stem cell therapies are being developed as transformative treatments with life-saving potential to support patients with various hematological malignancies as well as non-oncology diseases.
The Associate Expert Science & Technology will be involved in the design and execution of experiments to support the Cell Therapy Process Development team. This individual will plan and perform experiments for cell therapy projects, analyze data, interpret and communicate results, draw relevant conclusions, and support the authoring of protocols and reports. They may additionally contribute to risk analyses, provide support to CMC teams, and will contribute to interdisciplinary technical development work in the larger Cell and Gene Therapy organization. Passion for cutting edge science and serving patients is essential.
What you will be doing
• Perform experimental design, protocol development and execution, data analysis, technical report writing and presentation.
• Provide scientific/technical leadership for efficient and robust processes for the manufacture and/or analysis of intermediates, drug substances and drug products as per own discipline.
• Deliver on project goals, including technical presentations and development reports.
• Adhere to Novartis standards, in particular quality, ethical, health, safety, and environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) standards.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of industry experience or a Master’s degree with 0 - 1 years of industry experience. Degree in Immunology, Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or similar is desired. A combination of applicable technical experience and education may be used to qualify for the level of this role.
• Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is strongly preferred.
• Scientific background and understanding of cell therapy manufacturing processes is desired.
• Experience with flow cytometry, PCR, and cell counting is desired.
• History of successful utilization of special tools/equipment, lab automation tools and specialized facilities is expected.
• A high level of attention to detail in planning, documenting, and executing experiments is required.
• History of working effectively on team-oriented and cross-functional projects.
• Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills are desired.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $69,300/year to $103,900/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
236 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2022, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.