At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions -because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2024 Global Internship Program as a Research & Development Intern located at The Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA.
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group 'coffee chats'.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world. About Team:
Internship Assignment Summary:
- The Research & Development department develops and validates diagnostic and prognostics tests across the multi-disciplinary enterprise using innovative technologies.
- Perform technical and non-technical protocols in the capacity according to established procedures
- Gain knowledge of department specific procedures and operations and work in cross functional teams
- Generate reliable and consistent results, including analyses and critiques, and maintain an accurate and comprehensible experimental notebook
- Attend training sessions to learn process development
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other related science
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical lab, or relevant lab experience
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Experience using literature/search engines/databases to pursue science
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.