Labcorp is a global leader of innovative and comprehensive laboratory services that helps doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, researchers and patients make clear and confident decisions. We provide insights and advance science to improve health and improve lives through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development laboratory capabilities. The company's more than 60,000 employees serve clients in over 100 countries, worked on over 80% of the new drugs approved by the FDA in 2022 and performed more than 600 million tests for patients around the world Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2024 Global Internship Program as a Research and Development Intern!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group 'coffee chats'.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world. About the Team:
Internship Assignment Summary:
- The Women's Health department provides a range of services for women including annual health screening, fertility and sexual health, and testing during pregnancy.
- Help develop non-invasive screening assays.
- Familiarize yourself with statistical analysis programs to analyze and visualize data into valuable insights for more informed decision making.
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence.
- Learn and develop NGS-based assays for diagnostic purposes.
- Working towards bachelor's or graduate degree in Biological sciences, Bioengineering, or other related field.
- Must have experience working with nucleic acids.
- Has experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting.
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership.
- Experience and/or knowledge of next-generation sequencing technology is preferred but not required.
Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:00pmLabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.