The laboratory of Christina Theodoris, MD, PhD, is seeking a talented and motivated research associate (I, II, III or Sr.) with background in experimental genomics to join her research program in the Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Gladstone Institute of Data Science and Biotechnology. Our lab is focused on leveraging cutting-edge experimental genomics and machine learning to map the gene networks driving cardiovascular disease and develop network-correcting therapies.
The successful applicant will have the unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment with experimental and computational biologists, synergizing the strengths of both domains to advance discoveries in gene regulation, network inference, and cardiovascular development and disease. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced in relevant experimental techniques as outlined below. The successful applicant will be responsible for performing experiments, laboratory management and maintenance,actively engaging in regular lab meetings and activities, and training and interacting with individual lab members. The minimum expected time commitment for this position is 2 years to allow sufficient time to progress research projects, but ideally the position would be longer term, with the opportunity to grow in experience and leadership over the years. Overall, the research associate will join a highly collaborative team united in the common goal of impacting the lives of patients with cardiovascular disease.
- BS/BA and/or MS/MA in a related field and 2+ years of related experience
- Experience in tissue culture (especially induced pluripotent stem cells)
- Experience in molecular biology techniques (e.g. RNA/DNA purification, PCR, cloning, etc.)
- Experience in experimental genomics techniques including sequencing library preparation (especially single cell techniques and/or ChIP-seq)
Required Application Materials:
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Cover letter with a brief statement of research background and future goals / interest in the lab
- Contact information for three references
Gladstone is committed to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in science, from trainees to faculty, and is an equal opportunity employer.
$52K-$95K (DOE)Additional Information:
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.