The Clinical Nursing Instructor is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising students in clinical learning experiences.
- Supervise students in clinical learning experiences [Texas Board of Nursing (2011) Rules and Regulations §215.7(i)(1)].
- Supervise all initial nursing procedures in the clinical area and ascertain that the student is competent before allowing the student to perform independently; [Texas Board of Nursing (2011) Rules and Regulations §215.7(i)(2)].
- Secure preceptors for students when indicated by course requirements.
- Develop student clinical schedules according to level of education.
- Contact and establish an effective working relationship with the clinical areas.
- Communicate objectives.
- Plan and orient students to clinical area.
- Make assignments in the clinical area to correlate with classroom/laboratory content.
- Provide verbal and/or written feedback in a timely manner to students on clinical assignments and for clinical/laboratory performance.
- Solicit feedback from agency personnel for student evaluations and identification of actual or potential problems.
- Develop, assign, and evaluate alternate learning experiences.
- Attain 20 hours of continuing education bi-annually as required by the Texas Board of Nursing.
For more information on the program and full job description, please visit https://www.clarendoncollege.edu/alliedhealth Qualifications
LVN, meet criteria for wavier according to BON rule 215.7(d)(3). Hold a current license or privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.